Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy 47 th


We are in Huatulco Mexico tonight. This is a photo of the "Central" or as we would call it the towns square. Beutifull place and filled with families and people hanging out after dinner. A really great little city full of very nice people.


It has been a couple of rough days. Dale has had a total of 3 flat tires in the past couple of days, including the front tire this morning. In all my years of biking I have never had that but it does happen.

Now for the really bad news. I have had to phone Karen to make arrangements to fly me home on Sunday for medical reasons. It appears that a mix of being sick with what I believe to be the flu, heat, physical stress from the riding, etc has brought on a dangerously high blood pressure and an irregular heart rhythm. I have been to 2 doctors in two towns in the past 24 hours to be checked out. The last guy, and the best, damn near fainted himself when he saw my blood pressure was 180/100 and took immediate steps to bring it down IE drugs. I will be OK to fly by Sunday buy no more riding for the mean time till I get checked out and cleared by the doctors in Nanaimo.

I will update this blog next week when I get home.

Ibby

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You take care of yourself, buddy.
Feel for yo u...

/tg

Unknown said...

and yeah, Happy birthday you old F***..

lol

/tg