Monday, January 28, 2008

Back in Nanaimo

I am at home in Nanaimo tonight. Thanks to my beautiful and intelligent wife who made travel arrangements that got me through Mexico and into Victoria by 1:00 AM today and we were home by 2:30 AM

For those of you who know me just imagine me wondering around the massive airport in Mexico City looking for my flight gate. An hour of wandering around, looking at various signs, talking to a couple of airport representatives, trying to talk to the airline representatives, I finally learned that I was in the wrong terminal. Their just new Terminal 2 – which is not fully finished and does not have all the signage up yet – was where I was supposed to be. So I go to hop on their LRT train to take me over there and it craps out. Back down 3 stories to catch and wild bus ride over to the new terminal and finally got things sorted out.

BTW: Mexico City is one of, if not the, largest city in the world with one of the largest pollution problems in the world. There is a thick smog cloud that just hangs over the city so as you fly in it looks like the city is covered in a brown soup. And it resides as like 6000 feet elevation. The air there you chew instead of breath. One of our guys said he read a report that breathing the air there was equal to smoking two packages of cigarettes per day. Yep great place to be

So I went to the doctor today and had a check over. I am scheduled for a whole range of test tomorrow at the local laboratory : blood, urin, EKG, etc to see what the hell happened. At this point we still do not know what caused it and how serious it may or may not be, hence we will have to wait till the test results next Monday.

Remember Dale, Brad and Steve are still completing the trip. You can keep up to date with how they are doing by subscribing to Dale’s blog at http://dboisclair.blogspot.com
Keep cheering them on as they head south to Panama.

Over the next few days I will try to go back and edit the existing blog entry’s and post some photos.

Kevan

No comments: