Sunday, January 6, 2008

6 sleeps

I have packed and repacked. Sorted things. I have added to my list and taken stuff off the list. Into the flight bag and out again. Back and forth, back and forth. Jesus, I am driving myself and Karen nuts.

I did the final packing run through yesterday. Everything fits fine in the small carry on case I am using for clothing. All my maps, documentation and day to day paraphernalia fits into my day pack. Actually I have a little room left over but I am fighting the urge to add anything at this point.

The fine line is to pack only what you need, plus enough for an emergency, and not anymore. The old traveler saying “ take half the clothes and twice the money”. Well I am trying to adhere to that.

Well at this point I have only 6 sleeps left till I am in Phoenix. I can hardly believe it and can hardly wait. We will cross the border to Mexico on Monday January 14 and then the trip will really begin.

So till my first post from on the road wish us well. Talk to “ya all” from Mexico.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

have fun, buddy ..
watch out for any 'ham bushes'.
/tg

Unknown said...

Hey Buff,

Good luck and not too much Tequila in MX! Ola!!!!

Shawn

Unknown said...

Hey Buff,

So where are you now? Any good stories yet?

Shawn

Dwayne said...

I see Dale cares enough about his friends to log in and update us. Whats the matter with you? Tequila already??

Twinkles

vetteman said...

i don't care what anyone says.This is definitley Wild Hogs minus the macho.