Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quebec Adventures!!


Parlez vous anglais??!!

Well yes we have made it to Quebec City at last! I have been waiting for this time most anxiously!! Well Kevan did awesome navigating the VERY NARROW HIGHWAYS and not just side streets. Very exciting when you are in between to “b-trains” on the overpass and a gust of wind hits!!!  No scars I promise on Rattletrap. Rattletrap will have a few days to recover while we play tourist in Quebec!!!

Wonderful service of a tour bus collecting us at the campground and dropping off in the middle of Old Quebec city, and voila a few hours later a pickup and they drive through the crazy traffic.

Beautiful city and vast amounts of history here. Walked on the “the plains of Abraham”, I’ll let you look that up!! Views from both the Citadel and the Chateau Frontanac were amazing. It truly was a flashback to France for me. I can only imagine what the streets would look like in the snow (and minus 30).

Leslie you would be proud I went shopping in many of the boutiques here. You would need hours to check out all of them, from local crafts and textiles to artists in the streets.

Another adventure was grocery shopping, honest it was fun! Trying to interpret French and speak to shoppers and staff alike, then take a taxi back to campground!!

 
Au revoir!!
Karen, Kevan and Ryanne (le woof!!)

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thought I'd better check in on the Gypsies. I see you're leaving your mark and creating havoc across the country. Remember that old saying "it's not the destination it's how much drinking you can fit in between all the driving" or some crap like that. Sounds like you're you're keeping to that motto. Don't forget to practice your crib skills (loser). Happy trails....

Kevan Ibbotson said...

Actually I have skunked my wife in crib a couple of times. So I am practicing for my return to the Island in November.

Having a blast. Glad you are checking up on me. Now get back to work and say hi to the gang for me.

Ibby