Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day Off in Burns Lake BC

Well Kevan and I made it to Burns Lake yesterday. One of our shorter jaunts only two and half hour drive from Prince George. I have to say my loving husband sacrificed another good nights sleep for his wife. I so owe him now between this and meeting Simon Pavey!!! We stayed at a motel in Prince George called Esters Inn. I had stayed here with my family many many moons ago. It was the little taste of Hawaii in the north. Well honestly it hasn't changed at all in these many moons (Kevan says its very hokey). His back appreciated the hot tub though I have to say. Once again a noisy night with the locals in the room above.
We are staying with our good friends Ian, Heather, Emily and Stefan Megchelsen. Walkabout around Kager Lake with a picnic lunch thrown in today was fun. Everyone is having quiet time (code for nap) Ian is busy prepping dinner and I'm updating our journey.
Cheers until next time
Karen

No comments: