Thursday, August 29, 2013

Nakusp 2013


Nakusp 2013

Sorry for the tardiness lack of Wifi!!

Well what a time!! Met interesting people from all over the world that were on their own adventures.  Across Canada you say- we are going across Mongolia on motorbikes!! Great times and many more ideas for future travel, I wonder how many leaves of absence I can get!!??

Finally toured the mighty Moye (sternwheeler) in Kaslo, BC after a night of epic wind/thunder/lightening storms!! The nasty weather is still following us; wish it were warmer-careful what you wish for!!
We landed in Gull Lake Alberta via Sparwood, BC and the mighty truck!!

Kevan’s version:

I got to spend the weekend end with 270 of my best riding friends. This was a record year for attendance at HU Nakusp!

The highlights were seeing Grant and Susan Johnston and having dinner with them on Wednesday night (actually Karen cooked in Rattletrap) along with Mark and Nevil. Actually Nevil was still working off the hang over from the night before was we killed of the last of my Tequila.

The night afterward we initiated a new Horizons Unlimited ritual: HUritas. That is Horizons Unlimited margaritas made and served in the campsite. Thank you Miles!

Although the weekend is stressful making sure the presentations all come off on time and I don’t put my big foot in my mouth while acting as MC I really enjoy the event.
 
Til next time K&K  and Ryanne

No comments: